For most caravaners, they may need a power supplement by using the mains electricity of the caravan parks. During the caravan trip, most illumination equipments are 12V DC which is primary designed for vehicle battery application. When enjoying a temporary stop at the caravan park, some caravans may need to use connect the lights to the external mains panel for battery electricity saving consideration. For common sense, to use this 12v DC designed light at 240V voltage, a transformer is certainly needed. But this kind of light is not designed with an electricity wire. They are equipped with cigarette connector for battery power usage instead. So before connecting the light to the transformer, certain modification needed to conduct towards the power charging accessories of the light. This article is to show you the step by step modification, so that you can make a DIY modification. For testing equipment, we have 3M quick connect cable with cigarette connector, Battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors, LED Joinable Strip Light, a transformer for 100-240V AC input 12V DC output, scissors etc.
One. Connection method one
Two ways connection
1. 240V Mains Electricity + transformer (100-240V AC Input 12V DC Output )
+ battery terminal clamps + 3M wire with cigarette connector + 500MM Strip Light
2. 240V Mains Electricity + Transformer (100-240V AC Input 12V DC Output)
+3M wire with cigarette connector + 500MM Strip Light
3. 240V Mains Electricity + Transformer (100-240V AC Input 12V DC Output)
+ Battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors+3M wire with cigarette connector + 500MM Strip Light
1. A transformer for, (100-240V AC Input 12V DC Output) Ready to plug in your transformer, as it has three wires to connect at the 12V DC of the transformer indicator called GND, null line, Live wire count from the left side. Then use a screw driver to fix three of them tightly.
2.Use scissor to cut the alligator clip of (Battery terminal clamp), remove the plastic cover to leave the wire
outside, connect the wire for positive and negative line very tightly at the 12V DC transformer, count from left
side No. 2 and 4.
3. The 3m wire connects with the cigarette connector, LED Strip light, battery terminal clamps are to be connected one by one.
4. Finally this is how the light works an example of finishing.
Two、Connection Method two
1. Prepare the transformer (100-240V AC Input 12V DC Output) and wires and fix as above. Cut the cigarette connector and leave 4mm of wire outside, use screw driver to connect the positive and negative wires tightly
at the 12V DC of transformer.
2. Then connect the LED Joinable Strip light with 3m wire with cigarette connector.
3. Example of finishing
Three、Connectiong method three
1. Testing equipment are including 12V DC,100-240V AC Input transformers, two battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors, scissors, insulating tape. LED Strip Light, 3M wire with cigarette connector.
2. A transformer for,(100-240V AC Input 12V DC Output) Ready to plug in your transformer, two wires of the 12V DC transformer is to connect with the Battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors. Firstly cut the Battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors, cut the plastic cover to leave wire outside.
3. As two battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors have negative and positive, so connect negative with negative, positives with positive to connect with 12V DC negative and positive wires. You must make sure not to connect wrong.
4. Using insulating tape to cover two battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors and 12V DC transformer negative and positives wires tightly, the advantage is to against water, so mate it waterproof designed.
5. Finally connect battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors, 3M wire with cigarette connector, LED Strip Light one by one, as it have two battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors, so you can connect more than one piece LED Strip Light, or add more battery terminal clamps to cigarette adaptors for positives and negatives. But make sure the voltage is under 12V DC transformer voltage limit.
6. Connecting and finishing view.
Attention: Electricity must be Cut OFF before modification.